• Mart Ayı Kahve Kulübü Toplu Alım Organizasyonu
    Sevgili Ziyaretçi Mart ayı Kahve Kulübü ortak alım firması sizlerin oyları ile Niji Coffee olarak seçildi. Bu konudan Mart ayı toplu alımı ile ilgili gelişmeleri öğrenebilirsin. Kahve Kulübü toplu alımı ve kulüp ile ilgili gelişmelerden, özel indirimlerden, yayınlardan hızlı bir şekilde haberdar olmak için buradan Whatsapp Kanalına katılmayı, Instagram ve Twitter adreslerinden bizi takip etmeyi unutmayın.
  • Telefon numaranızı paylaşmadan Kahve Kulübü duyurularından, güncel indirim ve kampanyalardan haberdar olmak istiyorsanız Bu Linke tıklayarak Kahve Kulübü Whatsapp Kanalını takip edebilirsiniz.

Muttley & Jack's Coffee Roasters: Opinions, Suggestions and Recipes.

M

mmm

Hi everyone.

We made our first international wholesale purchase from Muttley & Jack's. Company owner Jack offered us a great opportunity. I am sure many of our friends bought the bundle specially prepared for the Kahve Kulübü.

There were three products in the bundle: Ethiopia Koke Washed, El Salvador Carlos Pola Anaerobic, Ethiopia Dhilgee Chelbesa #1.

Under this heading, you can share your opinions, suggestions and recipes about the coffees you brew. In this way, we will be partners in the pleasure you get. You will also help those who ask for a recipe.

Who knows, maybe Jack will join us :)

Remember that coffee is not just a drink.

Coffees in the Bundle

https://muttleyandjack.com/products/el-salvador-carlos-pola-black-honey-anaerobic-fermentation

https://muttleyandjack.com/products/ethiopia-koke-washed-yirgacheffe-washed-heirloom

https://muttleyandjack.com/products/ethiopia-dhilgee-chelbesa-microlot-1-yirgacheffe-washed-heirloom

Moderatörün son düzenlenenleri:
Hi!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to Kahve Kulübü. Muttley & Jack's was one of the Nordic roasters that I was curious about. I am very happy that we will try it with this opportunity.

For friends who are hesitating about purchasing, maybe Jack will join the forum and share brewing recipes with the information about the best brewing methods for the coffees which are composed the bundle.🙂

Why not?😊

The bundle 1 prepared for the Kahve Kulübü was quickly sold out. Jack said he didn't expect that many demands. The order placed exceeded 35 kilograms in total. I guess we will exceed 50 kilos by October 4th.

Jack said he would be happy to be a member of our club. In October, Jack will be able to give information and recipes about the coffee he roasted.

The wholesale purchase from Muttley & Jack opened up our horizons. There may be good news in the coming months.

I want to ask Jack a question regarding this collabaration with Kahve Kulübü:

Has anyone ever approached you from different countries like us before? If not, how does it feel to ship special deals exclusively to us; bringing a minimum limit of 5kg and us exceeding that limit by 15 times?! Haha! If you ask me, I think this has been a wonderful and surprising event for both sides!

Thank you!

I want to ask Jack a question regarding this collabaration with Kahve Kulübü:

Has anyone ever approached you from different countries like us before? If not, how does it feel to ship special deals exclusively to us; bringing a minimum limit of 5kg and us exceeding that limit by 15 times?! Haha! If you ask me, I think this has been a wonderful and surprising event for both sides!

Thank you!

Buyer and seller right now:

1602327806790.png

Edited because I didn’t realise that was an English thread. Now my face is like that emoji above.

Son düzenleme:
Hi everyone. It looks. like all of the coffees have arrived - great news! Thanks to all of you who supported the initiative. Usually for filter I use a V60 both at home and at the roastery.

Generally I follow the same recipe for every coffee when it comes to water:coffee ratio and can experiment from the standard.

General recipe v60
31g coffee - medium/fine grind
500g water - 96-98 degrees

1. Rinse the v60 filter paper / warm the jug
2. Add 31g coffee grinds to the v60. Shake a little to make it level and with a finger make a little 'well'/hole in the coffee (makes it easier to bloom).
3. Add approx 60g water to the coffee and swirl the whole v60/jug in your hands to make sure all the coffee gets wet and can 'bloom' (allow CO2 to escape) for 30-40 seconds.
4. Add a further 240g water to the v60 (total water now at 300g).
5. At around 1:45 - 2:00 mins add the remaining 200g water (totally now 500g).
6. Give a gentle stir to the coffee/water mixture in the v60 to sto it sticking to the sides and wait for the water to drip out. At around 2:30 - 3:00 your coffee is ready to drink.

For higher altitude coffees (like the Koke Washed and the Dhilgee Chelbesa) I usually enjoy the hottest water (98 degrees) and slightly cooler (95-96) for lower altitudes and natural process coffees.

If I use the Kalita Wave for hand brew filter I use water that is a little cooler (92-95 degrees) and/or grind a little coarser.

General recipe espresso shot
19g coffee in / 38g espresso out (92-96 degrees water)
27-31 seconds
stir before drinking

Hi everyone. It looks. like all of the coffees have arrived - great news! Thanks to all of you who supported the initiative. Usually for filter I use a V60 both at home and at the roastery.

Generally I follow the same recipe for every coffee when it comes to water:coffee ratio and can experiment from the standard.

General recipe v60

2. Add 31g coffee grinds to the v60. Shake a little to make it level and with a finger make a little 'well'/hole in the coffee (makes it easier to bloom).
3. Add approx 60g water to the coffee and swirl the whole v60/jug in your hands to make sure all the coffee gets wet and can 'bloom' (allow CO2 to escape) for 30-40 seconds.
6. Give a gentle stir to the coffee/water mixture in the v60 to sto it sticking to the sides and wait for the water to drip out. At around 2:30 - 3:00 your coffee is ready to drink.

For higher altitude coffees (like the Koke Washed and the Dhilgee Chelbesa) I usually enjoy the hottest water (98 degrees) and slightly cooler (95-96) for lower altitudes and natural process coffees.

If I use the Kalita Wave for hand brew filter I use water that is a little cooler (92-95 degrees) and/or grind a little coarser.

27-31 seconds
stir before drinking
Wow, welcome Jack. What a nice surprise.

I will try your recipe right away

Hi Jack. Thank you for collabotration and for your great Coffees. I want to ask you a couple of questions?
* How much water is boiling in Sweden? In Ankara, the water is boiling at 96 degrees. So we cant use 98 degree water. How many degrees of water do you think we should use for koke?
* can you give TDS value of water that you use to make Coffee?
Have a great Day. 👍

General recipe v60

27-31 seconds
stir before drinking

Tepkiler: mmm

General recipe v60

27-31 seconds
stir before drinking
Good morning Jack, what a nice surprise at 7.30 am (Swedish time). Many thanks for sharing these useful information.

Just a quick question, at 00:40, we start pouring and once we are done we wait until 1.45 right?

Hi Jack. Thank you for collabotration and for your great Coffees. I want to ask you a couple of questions?
* How much water is boiling in Sweden? In Ankara, the water is boiling at 96 degrees. So we cant use 98 degree water. How many degrees of water do you think we should use for koke?
Have a great Day. 👍
This is what I've received earlier from him,

GH 2,5
KH 2
TDS 50-120

Have a great Day. 👍
Oh that’s interesting! 96 degrees in Ankara? Is that because of altitude or extra elements in the water?
In Stockholm, at 0m above sea level more or less, the water boils at 100 degrees. The water from the tap is pretty good, and all I do to filter it is a simple britta jug filter. TDS is 80-100 (gh 2,4 and gh 2)

Good morning Jack, what a nice surprise at 7.30 am (Swedish time). Many thanks for sharing these useful information.

Just a quick question, at 00:40, we start pouring and once we are done we wait until 1.45 right?
Hi! Yes, it’s early here, a good way to begin that day though :)
1:45 is a guide only - I use my eyes and check the level of the water in the v60 - I don’t want it to be too close to empty nor over full. 1:45 is usually when the level is getting a bit low and time to add more water for me (but depends on grind size, water temperature, etc)

General recipe v60

27-31 seconds
stir before drinking
Good morning Jack, 👋 thank you for the recipe and details.

This is really something we would like to have from all roasters. 🙏

What is your target brew time for Kalita Wave?

Son düzenleme:

I wonder your opinion. How do you interpret the difference in taste between the brewing management you share and the brew made with 275 grams of water for one person. Will the real performance of the coffee be revealed when brewed with 500 grams? Or should it be brewed with less proportions?

General recipe v60

27-31 seconds
stir before drinking
Hi and welcome Jack!
I want to thank you for your great interest and coorporation.
It is very very big pleasure to meet you.
Welcome!

Geri
Üst